"We wear our club colours with dignity "
Gympie Pony Club’s colours are bottle green and cerise.
Our formal uniform, worn at gymkhanas and all competitions, consists of beige jodhpurs or riding pants, collared, long sleeve, pale pink shirt, club tie and badge and bottle green vest. Tie, vest and badge are available from the club house on rally days . Horses are to wear official Gympie Pony Club saddlecloth at events (not compulsory at rallys) available to purchase from Saddleworld Gympie.
To make a pale pink shirt you will need to purchase a white button-up boys school shirt – available at Bess & Less online (or by ordering in the Gympie store) and then die it pink. Purchase a sachet of ‘Rose Pink’ fabric dye and follow the instructions.
For rallys riders can (not compulsory) wear the club polo shirt and jodhpurs or riding pants. Polo shirt also is to be worn on the cross country phase of Eventing. Gympie Pony Club Polos available from the clubhouse.
For rallies riders can (not compulsory) wear the club polo shirt and jodphurs or riding pants. Polo shirt also is to be worn on the cross country phase of Eventing. Gympie Pony Club Polos available from the clubhouse.
The 60 Year Commemorative Polo is also available; contact the committee to purchase polos.
Smooth-soled, heeled riding boots are to be worn, however, all age groups may wear any of the following:
- Black or brown plain elastic sided Jodhpur boots(with or without zip).
- Low heeled Jodhpur boots with smooth soles. Cuban heels are allowed.
- All brands of smooth soled riding boots with textured tread which must be no more than 3mm in depth with a smooth border around the outside of the tread pattern.
- Approximately 10mm clearance on each side of the boot, only exemption where rider is already using the maximum size stirrup commercially available (125mm) where the use of breakaway stirrups is recommended.
- Lace-up riding boots with eyelets only (same conditions apply as for other boots)
- Lace-up riding boots with eyelets and hooks are allowed only if hooks are covered by gaiters.
- Jodhpur boots as described above with gaiters
- Gaiters to be the same colour as boot
- Plain top boots, black or brown, leather or synthetic.
- Field boots, i.e. top boots with lacing at front of ankle are acceptable
- Redwing/Thomas Cook styled boots are allowed for Campdraft & Sporting competitions, and Mounted Games. Maximum height 30cm (12”) must be only worn under stockman cut trousers and stirrups meet the safety requirements, i.e. 10mm either side of boot.
Safety is paramount in pony club and all riders are required to wear PCQ-approved helmets, as below:
Equestrian helmet AS/NZS 3838, EN 1384 or ASTM F1163.
Helmets must have an effective chin strap. Riders with unstamped helmets of the required specification will not be expected to replace them. For competition – black, brown, navy blue & white are allowed. The Helmet must be worn and effectively secured whenever mounted under Pony Club supervision, including to & from the Pony Club – this includes seniors & instructors. Candidates at Instructor Schools must wear helmets. Mounted Voluntary Helpers must wear the regulation headgear. Riders must keep helmets on during Mounted Presentation of Awards & while saluting.
Helmets, boots, chaps, jodphurs and Gympie Pony Club Saddlecloths are available from Gympie Saddleworld